In this article, I will talk about how to delete Email account. As you know, the email is Google’s own messaging service with the help of which we can send emails to people on some side through an electronic medium. Now there are several reasons for which to delete the email account. But, if you have decided that you do not want to use your email account further, you can do it in a very easy way.
But you have to know that, when you delete your email account, only your email account and the contents inside it will be deleted, but the other Google services that are connected to your email account will not be deleted.
Why Delete an Email Account?
- You may have created an email account several years ago and you do not use it.
- You may have been spoiled or useless emails from many spam emails or unknowingly, and you want to delete that email account.
- Or maybe you have a lot of email accounts and you can not handle all those email accounts.
Whatever the reason, if you want to delete your email account, then you can do it very easily.
Consider Below things Before Deleting You Email Account
1. You can’t update passwords and username of any 3rd party accounts which are connected with your E-mail account
Yes! If your email account is connected with so many 3rd party accounts and when you will try to reset of those accounts passwords and usernames, then you can’t do this. So, before you’re going to delete your Email account, you must update those accounts who are connected with your current email account.
2. You must have to take a Backup of Your Email
Before going to delete your Email account, you must have to take your email account. Because, you must have some valuable data like files, messages etc. So, if you decided to delete your email account then take backup of your whole important data and then proceed for deleting your email account.
Now, let’s learn how to delete Email Account in just a few minutes.
How to Delete Email Account
1. First, Sign in You Email account
You have to first log in your email account. So, enter your email address and password and click on sign in button. You can directly enter your account by clicking this link.
2. Under Account Preferences, just click on delete your account and services.
If you have done the sign in procedure, now you have to click on delete your account and services section which is available on Account Preferences.
3. Click on Delete Products and then Enter Confirmation Password
When you have done clicking on deleting your account and services, after that you have to click on Delete Product and you will ask for the confirmation password. So, enter your current email password and hit on Next Button.
4. Click on Delete icon which is Situated next to Gmail
After clicking On next button, a page will open where you can download your data. If you wish then you can download it. But if you don’t want then left it and click on the Trash icon which is available next to your Gmail.
5. Enter the e-mail address and finally click on the delete button
Now, after clicking on trash button of Gmail, a new page will open in front of you and will ask you to enter a new email address. Make sure that email address should not be Gmail address. It should be in email@example.com. And on this email address, you will get a confirmation link from Google. When you click on that confirmation link, another page will open where you can delete your email account finally.
Also Read: How to Delete LinkedIn Account