Gmail is used by all people nowadays. Gmail is a popular free email service that you know about well. But Gmail has some important settings that you do not know about. So in this article, I will tell you about some of the important settings of the Gmail account, which you must know about and you should use these Gmail account settings definitely.
5 Most Important Gmail Account Settings
1. Security Alert
The First Gmail Account settings are Security Alert. By using the Security Alert setting, you can get notifications about Security Alerts. For example, let’s say that if a hacker tries to hack your Gmail account or cracks the password, then, in this case, you will receive an email. Anyone who has put your phone number on your password Is trying to steal or is trying to change. So if your Gmail account is too heavy, then you should use it deficiently. So let’s see how you can activate this setting in your Gmail account.
- Logged in your Gmail Account.
- Click on My Account
- Click Sign-in & Security section.
- Scroll down, Click on Security alerts settings and click on Manage settings.
- Now, enable Critical Security risks checkbox and click on Done button.
2. Recovery Email
Many people make their email accounts but forget to enter their recovery email or they do not understand it as important. Therefore, there is a problem when you forget the password of your email account and they can’t reset it later. So whenever you forget your Gmail account password for some reason, this recovery email comes in handy for you to set up a new password. So let’s see how you can set up recovery email in your Gmail account?
- First, log in your account.
- Click on My Account under your Profile Section.
- Again click on Sign-in & Security.
- Scroll down and click on Recovery Email under Account recovery options.
- Enter your account password and after that enter another recovery email there.
3. Two Step Verification
The third Gmail account settings are 2-step verification. With the help of this, you can make your account more secure. For example, suppose you have activated this setting in your Gmail account. After that, you have a friend and if they have your email id and password. if they try to log in from another system, then they can’t log in. The user will need a 6-digit code to open your account, which is sent through two-step verification on your mobile. If someone has the code of 6-digits, then he will be able to access your account or else he will not be able to access. So let’s learn how can you activate these settings in your Gmail account?
- Log in your Gmail Account.
- Open your profile and click on My Account.
- Click on Sign-in & Security.
- Scroll down and you will see 2 step verification option under Password and Sign-in method.
- Open 2 step verification option and click on Get Started
- After that enter your account password and enter your mobile number and click on verify.
4. Remove Unwanted Apps
Removing unwanted apps in your Gmail account is very important Gmail account settings. Friends, you have seen many times that whenever you play games on your mobile or you use any type of application, then you are asked to sign your email. So there you use your Gmail ID. And after using Gmail, you permit that application or any other games on it to access the details of your Gmail. So you give the Authorized Permission on any application that the application is installed on your email which you will not delete it later. In this case, you should delete all apps that you do not use. So let’s learn how you can remove all applications that you do not use.
- Open your Gmail Account and Click on Sign-in Security.
- Now click Connected apps & sites and after that click on Manage Apps.
- Remove Apps which you want by clicking on Apps name.
5. Recovery Phone Number
The last Gmail account settings are Recovery Phone Number. A lot of people don’t add a phone number to their email account, which is the disadvantage, after that they cannot easily reset their password. If you have not added a phone number in your email account then you will have a lot of problems later in resetting the password. So let’s see how you can get your recovery phone number in your Gmail account?
- Go to Sign-in & Security.
- After that scroll down and recovery phone.
- Enter your account password and add recovery phone number.
- How-To8 months ago
Save From Net: Best and Fastest Youtube Video Download site
- Best Sites2 months ago
Solar Movies: Watch Latest and High Quality Movies Online For Free
- Mobile10 months ago
What is Screen Overlay? And How to Fix It?
- Best Sites2 months ago
Khatrimazafull (Original Website): Watch & Download HD Movies For Free
- How-To4 months ago
Make Your Own Personal WhatsApp Stickers (Using Your Own Photo)
- Best Sites2 months ago
13 Best Alternative Websites Like Solarmovie
- How-To7 months ago
How to Apply Voter ID Card Online in India For Free (Complete Guide)
- Tech Info9 months ago
SSD vs HDD: Full Comparison of Storage Drive